Our Commitment to Quality
Since our founding in 1927, New Process Fibre has made quality the foundation of our business. This commitment has not only earned us a loyal customer base, it’s also allowed our experienced stampers to take real pride in what they do. To ensure first-class quality for our clients, we take a comprehensive, multipronged approachto our work.
A quality stamped washer begins with quality tooling. All of our tooling is done in-house — 100% made in the USA — so we can control every step of the process. This allows us to offer our customers tighter tolerances, shorter lead times, lower costs, and adept flexibility when changes are needed.
Whether tooling for prototype runs or large, multimillion-piece orders, our in-house tooling and die shop can meet the demands of any project, no matter how unusual or complex. Additionally, every piece of tooling is stored forever, making reorders simple, easy, and cost-effective.
High-Quality Material Suppliers
To deliver the highest-quality stamped products, like our Teflon™ PTFE washers, we work with only the highest-quality suppliers. Our team adheres to a stringent procurement process and holds our suppliers to the same high standards we follow in-house. This includes ensuring that all products are conflict-mineral free.
With 90 years of experience across a wide range of industries, our team has the expertise to help guide customers through the complexities of material selection, taking into account critical factors such as temperature, mechanics, flexibility, and impact resistance.
While we have a number of certifications, we’ve been upholding rigorous quality standards long before we had the papers to prove it.
For instance, prior to receiving our ISO 9001 quality certification in 2002, we had already implemented an extensively documented quality management system, making for a quick, seamless certification process.
Our full list of certifications and standards is as follows:
- ISO 9001:2008 — By outlining specific quality and safety requirements, our ISO certification ensures that all of our processes and products are of the highest possible quality for our clients.
- PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) — Because we often work with the automotive industry, we obtained PPAP certification to demonstrate the quality and reliability of our design and production processes.
- FAI (First Article Inspection) — We meet FAI standards to ensure that the production process reliably produces what is intended; this is done by verifying the accuracy of drawings, analyzing every aspect of the production process, and evaluating the quality of all tooling. While primarily used for military applications, this standard is now also being applied to other industries including automotive, aerospace, and medical.
- RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) — We also meet the RoHS standard, which specifies that we do not use the following six hazardous materials in our products: lead (Pb), mercury (Hg), cadmium (Cd), hexavalent chromium (CrVI), polybrominated biphenyls (PBBs), and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE), nor do we use the phthalates DEHP, BBP, BBP, and DIBP.
- REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals) — To ensure environmental friendliness, New Process Fibre complies with EU REACH standards, which regulate the production and use of chemical substances that can impact human health and the environment.
- ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) — We are ITAR registered for military and defense components to ensure that sensitive, critical parts are safely imported and exported.
As an industry-leading manufacturer of non-metallic stamped washers, we’re proud to offer our clients the highest-quality services available. Contact us today to learn more about our certifications and capabilities or to discuss how we can provide the fiber washers, nylon washers, or other materials you need to supply your next project.